All though MUVE bottles are made with food grade 18/8 stainless and withstand the toughest of circumstances, it is still important that you are caring for your bottle properly and frequently.
Our stainless is is rust, stain and odour resistant, but if this occurs it just means you need to use one of our cleaning hacks and be sure that you are giving your bottle the love it deserves to withstand it's 12 year lifespan!
- Care for your MUVE bottle on the daily
With a bottle brush, brush the inside of your bottle at the end or start of your day. You can also add some lemon, bicarb or dishwashing liquid. Rinse well and leave to air dry completely, or refill with water for use. You can also use the MUVE 3-in-1 bottle cleaner to get into all the nooks and cranny’s of your bottles, tumblers, lids and reusable straws!
- The weekly deep cleanse
We recommend giving a thorough scrub once a week. You can try any of the below for a weekly deep cleanse! After trying any of the below, rinse well and let your MUVE bottle air dry completely before refilling.
- Create a paste using bi-carb soda and a bit of warm water. Rub your bottle brush into the paste and then brush the inside of your MUVE bottle or tumbler to coat it with the paste. If your MUVE is in need of a good clean, let the paste sit for about 15 minutes before washing. You can even leave the paste on overnight if you really need!
- Add a few tablespoons of white vinegar to your MUVE bottle or tumbler, shake it around to coat the inside of your bottle and let the vinegar sit for a few minutes before rinsing. This option is great for removing any stains of grime that may build up over time.
- Wet the inside of your MUVE bottle or tumbler, add some salt onto our bottle brush and rub all the grime off.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon into your MUVE bottle or tumbler. Again, with the MUVE bottle brush, scrub the inside of your bottle.
- Always dry well!
We highly recommend to always rinse well and leave to air dry completely after a cleaning day and before refilling. This will prevent any stale smell from occurring.